Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm trying to get together a group of work that has a similar theme to make a solid series... the theme I have been trying to develop is the same shape I have used in a few pieces for example the earrings below... I'm really enjoying making a body of work that all go together yet I think I picked a design that is beginning to get irritating considering I hate cutting but I think its a learning experience for me. It's forcing me to not get sloppy and to slow down and be patient. I also have been wanting to get back into making pieces that become several different wearable pieces in one which I focused a lot on in college. Whats different with these pieces is that the design has to be perfected before I being creating. I'm beginning to feel like there aren't enough hours in a day to work on everything I'm thinking of but then again I'm sure thats how most artists feel and I'm excited about it all, I'm finally doing what I love to do. Here are a pair of earrings that will go into the floral series and an agate geode necklace that I made just to do something with the stone, the purple color is beautiful. XNSAGA105

XNSAGA105
FESWN104 FESWN104

No comments:

Post a Comment